My Morning Skin Care Routine

by - 6:13 PM

Hey, everyone! Happy Friday eve and I hope you all are having an awesome week. Today I posted a video about my morning skin care routine. I have learned so much about skin care when I started watching Dr. Dray's YouTube channel.

I used to have a very complicated skin care routine with a facial serum, eye creams or gels, toners, and face scrubs that I got separately from my normal facial cleanser.  I found Dr. Dray's YouTube channel when I was looking up Differin Gel tips and tricks. I knew this gel would really dry out my skin since it has Adapalene 0.1% which is a Vitamin A derivative. I use this gel nightly to treat my mild adult acne (I will post a night time routine soon).

My skin type is combination oily and I do get adult acne and frequently break out. You will notice that I did not use a serum or an eye cream. I learned that a serum is really just a more watered down version of a moisturizer. I also learned that eye cream is a basic facial moisturizer but in different packaging and at a higher price. I feel like I have saved so much money because I am not buying anymore extra products and am keeping my skin care fairly cheep.

Dr. Dray stated that skin care is something that you need to maintain and that it is hard to maintain something when you are shelling out over a hundred dollars every three months. I also personally have noticed that higher end skincare usually has some sort of fragrance in it. Keep reading if you would like to see my daily skin care routine products that are simple and cost effective with a bonus mask for my Mask Mondays that I do.

For my morning skin care routine on a daily basis, I use a cleanser that has 0.2% salicylic acid, one humectant, two sunscreens and one lip balm. On Mondays I do like to treat myself to a mask.  The cleanser I used in this video is the Clean and Clear acne triple clear cleanser. I chose this cleanser because the brand, in my opinion, is very cost effective. I also chose it for the 0.2% salicylic acid. Even though the salicylic acid is in a face wash form and is only left on the skin for a short amount of time Dr. Dray stated that it does not need to be left on the skin for a long period of time in order to be effective. Salicylic acid works quickly by getting into the oil barring surface areas and gently sloughs off dead skin cells with no harsh scrubbing. I do enjoy this product but unfortunately is does have fragrance in it which can be irritating to the skin. The fragrance has not really bothered me at this point but I know that fragrance is really not good for the skin and I could potentially develop an allergy to what is in this cleanser.  Visit the Clean and Clear website so that you are able to see the list of ingredients of the product and to look at a few of the other things they offer.




The humectant I use is the Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion for dry, extra dry skin with Hyaluronic Acid. I mentioned in the video that this was not one of my favorite moisturizers. At times it did burn my skin but not all the time which I found strange since I pretty much do the same routine every morning with a few exceptions. This moisturizer was more of a watery gel base and I would not recommend it for extra dry skin as I personally do not think it would moisturize enough for an extra dry skin type. On the other hand, a very oily skin type might really enjoy using this product.  This product claims to provide immediate and lasting hydration and is non-comedogenic and fragrance free. I did run out of this product during the video and did not repurchase it. The one humectant that I can recommend at this time would be the Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream. This product is fragrance free and is a bit more moisturizing then the Cetaphil lotion becuase it is gel-cream based. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream does have hyluronic acid in it and I have never had a problem with this moisturizer and get really good results from it. Check out the Cetaphil website so that you can decide if this brand is for you.




The fist sunscreen that I used in this video was the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel lotion broad spectrum SPF 30. This sunscreen is relatively new to me but I was so excited to see it in stores and to try it out. Asian, Korean, and Japanese sunscreens are gel based and very light weight, perfect for combo oily skin types. I feel that American sunscreens are a little behind the times in the consistency and SPF protection.  I really do enjoy using this sunscreen as my first base layer. The consistency is like a gel cream but is very light weight, it is almost like water on the face. This product does unfortunately have fragrance in it. If you have used other products from the Neutrogena Hydro Boost line, aside from the gel-cream, this product smells just like the rest of that line. The smell is not offensive at all and I do like the smell, but again skin care should not have fragrance in it for the health of your skin. Even though this does have fragrance in it I will keep using it unless I develop and allergy to it, because I just love the way it feels on the skin. Again, visit the Neutrogena website so that you can check out the Hydro boost gel-cream, this sunscreen and any other products you are interested in.




The next sunscreen I used in my video was the CeraVe Am Facial Moisturizing lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 30. I truly love all the CeraVa products I have tried. They really are very simple with out fragrance and no harsh ingredients. There is not one product that I have tried from this line that I have not liked. The products I have tried are the Foaming Facial Cleanser and the Pm Facial Moisturizing Lotion. I really enjoy this Am moisturizer because it does have added sun protection and I use it to seal in all my hydrating humectens on my face to prevent transepidermal water loss.   This product does feel a little greasy at first but once I let it dry it almost feels like a powder finish. I did recently see that they made this same sunscreen specifically for an oily skin type and has a matte finish. That will be the next product I try since I really trust the CeraVe's brand to be gentle on my skin and I feel confident in trying the other products they offer. But if they did not have that product available then I would be repurchasing the regular Am lotion. I really do recommend this brand if you are doing any acne treatments, have sensitive skin, or just have normal skin in general.  Check out CeraVe's website so that you are able to explore their other products.





The last product I used was just plain old Vaseline to hydrate my lips. I have not used plain Vaseline in a really long time but my lips have been very dry from the winter. When I was out shopping I saw that they had a small travel size pot and I thought this would be perfect to use as my lip balm and it would not take up too much space in my bathroom skin care drawer. I know they have products that are specifically made for the lips, but I learned that skin care companies like to put the same product in different packaging and sell it for more than what it is worth, when you can get a larger amount for a better value. Vaseline is pretty universal so I can use this for multiple things even to clean my house. Visit their website--they actually have quite a selection of products to look at and chose from.





I did use a bonus product in this video. I usually do a mask on Mondays because I feel like it just really gets my skin ready for the week. This feeling could just be a placebo effect but I think it's always nice to feel like you are treating and taking time for your self. The Mask I used in this video was the Pixi Skintreats GLOW-O2. This product was the most expensive product that I used in this video and honestly is is not a necessary step in good skin care. I did look up this product on their website which I will leave down below, but this does have fragrance in it. The lavender oil, lemon peel oil, orange peel oil, Bergamot oil, Fruit Oil and Pixibeauty website.  It looks like a lot of their skin care products are heavily fragranced so I cannot recommend any thing from their skin care line. But you can decide for your self if this could be a beneficial brand for you.


I really hope you enjoyed my video and reading my blog about my review of these products and the information I had to share about skin care and the health of your skin. I am always learning new things and trying to find ways to get the best bang for your buck. I feel like I have almost perfected my skin care routine but I also love trying out new things. I feel like I have a good foundation of knowledge about what I should be looking for ingredients-wise so that I am able to safely try out products with no potential reactions. Skin care is very personal and is trial and error, so I really hope this gives you some good information and inspiration to possibly re-vamp your skin care routine if needed. I will leave some links down below such as Dr. Drays channel and a video about Skin allergies and dermatitis tips: Q&A with a dermatologist, because she does talk about fragrance in this video and what to look for in a product that is truly Fragrance Free and is much more well-versed in skin care than me. As always Live Life In Full Bloom.





Caitlin



You May Also Like

39 comments

  1. Good read! I haven't paid much attention to skin care stuff before. But I've been having some trouble with my pimples lately. I'll try this and hope it can help. Have you posted your night time routine as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!. I really interesting all about skin care article. When i read your post i am very excited about this. Your explanation give me some information inside this article. Good Job!. cocoonmedicalspa.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your morning skincare routine is very interesting and very complete. I like you because you are diligent in using skincare hehehhe. Thank you very much for sharing with us. cocoonmedicalspa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post.It's a very nice post.Great post.Thank you.
    skin1004

    ReplyDelete
  5. care for the skin Authentic Option LLC offers collection of natural herbal products for skincare, hair care, and weight loss. We specialize in thermal weight loss, electrostimulation for muscle toning, cellulite removal, under-eye bags treatment and skincare products. We have an amazing range of beard growing products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I and my friends were going through the nice, helpful tips from the blog then the sudden came up with an awful suspicion I never expressed respect to the website owner for those secrets.
    Thanks for your great information.
    I tried Yesenz Face Serum that gives better results for me within 1 month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interesting blog you should definitely check l ethix soaps that is so much worth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great content
    Buy HEMP SEED OIL-250 ML SNAIL Serum BURR | HYALURONIC ACID | SEMI-HEMP OIL | 30ml | Pure to 100% | ANTI-AGING, NOURISHING, REJUVENATING, MOISTURIZING | MAN WOMAN https://mamamary.io


    Our FULL SPECTRUM oil is extracted from the best strain, obtaining a product that includes all the active ingredients of the plant.

    ✅ Pure natural CBD oil from 10% certified crops and totally Made in Italy

    ✅ Suitable for the wellbeing of body and mind. Natural CBD oil is suitable for combating anxiety, depression, bowel problems, insomnia

    ✅ Product 100% natural and pure. Without the addition of chemical products. Cruelty Free and not tested on animals. 100% Vegan and suitable for vegetarians.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article includes very good information. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing such an interesting piece of content. Keep sharing.
    CBD Serum

    ReplyDelete
  10. The morning skincare routine is very vital and also helps to bring instant glow on the skin. It also improves the skin fine lines and also keep skin hydrated through out the day. It is recommended to use only natural skin products to get the best results without any side-effects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great content

    Buy Hemp Beer | Special Edition | Made in Italy

    Double malt.

    Light beer with Hemp sativa, myrtle and pink pepper.

    Appreciable the resinous notes of hemp.

    Vol. Alc. 6.0%

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing such informative and beautiful article on skincare, I have some informative tips for viewer. Get more :
    Skincare Tips
    Eye makeup
    Skincare Tips
    Healthy Skincare Routines
    Skincare Tips

    ReplyDelete
  13. Addiction Treatment Programs Are you in need of an Addiction Treatment Program? Choosing a Drug Rehab ,Alcohol Rehab or any Addiction Treatment program does not have to be a difficult task.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Thanks for sharing this informative post, nowadays everyone wants to look beautiful because beauty is symbol of Confidence. If you feel inner confidence you are able to stand in front of anyone and can respond with confidence. We are also serving for the Best salon services .We are providing best salon packages salon in nizampet for men at very reasonable and affordable prices and further more salon in nizampet for men ."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou For sharing a beneficial information.Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me kindly visit my blog anti aging treatments in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your blog. Looking forward to more amazing content! a3 lemon cream

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you choose the best choose the best service among the ones listed here?
    Skincare Products for Mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing an informative information. I'll try this cerave salicylic acid cleanser in the Philippines and hope it can help. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Article, best Formulyst Face Serum my website: Formulyst Face Serum

    ReplyDelete
  20. 5 Simple SkinCare Routine Steps for Daily Skin Care. You need to take good care of your skin if you desire to have beautiful skin. Follow the simple skincare routine steps and get flawless beautiful skin.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you suffering from acne scars for a long time? Then Acne Scar Center will be very helpful for you. Here you'll find the best treatment that can remove acne scars permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Post!!

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. This is more helpful for find the best quality natural skincare oil for dry skin of women.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Get the fastest result Online Satta King, Satta Matka, Delhi Satta, Satta, Sattaking, Gali Satta. Sattaking.agency is most reliable and convenient sattaking.
    Delhi Bazar Satta
    Delhi Bazar Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Regular skin care maintenance will save you from future troubles. You can avoid deep wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and acne scarring. Further skin issues can be prevented with a daily skincare routine. Your skincare might be missing what it needs. The best vitamin c serum for hyperpigmentation is the best skin care serum to treat it. It lightens and brightens skin. Rather than simply mask the imperfections, It will restore the natural skin to its former glory. It reduces wrinkles by stimulating the skin. It will boost collagen for a decrease of fine lines. It brightens the skin quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hyperpigmentation is caused by an increase in melanin. A group of factors can trigger an increase in melanin production, but the core ones are sun exposure, hormonal influences, age & skin injuries, or sometimes inflammation.
    Pigmentation treatment in Pakistan is the best option to get rid of pigmentation under the administration of professionals.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Multitasking facial moisturizer that combines natural red algae, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and coconut oil. Yibu beauty facial moisturizer is best face moisturizer, top-rated & authenticated bringing you the glowing Skin and Yibu beauty products provide cruelty free skin.
    Multitasking facial moisturizer

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dr. Rajat Gupta is a plastic surgeon in Delhi, India with 12 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries. His special interests are cosmetic surgery of face and body and reconstructive surgery of Breast & Ear. | Liposuction procedure | Hair transplant procedure |

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love your morning skin care routine. I also try the almost same. I follow CTM routine which is first cleanser, second toner and third moisturizer. I am really picky about the product for my facial care, that's the reason I use natural and ayurvedic product for skin.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dr. Kiran Naik is a prominent provider of comprehensive skin treatments in Mumbai, offering services such as skinful treatments in Mumbai, skin peels in Mumbai, Botox treatment in Mumbai, and fillers treatment in Mumbai. With a focus on personalized care and utilizing advanced techniques, Dr. Naik addresses various dermatological concerns, ensuring effective and natural-looking results for his patients. His expertise and commitment to patient satisfaction have established him as a trusted name in the realm of skin treatment in Mumbai, catering to individuals seeking safe and transformative solutions to enhance their skin health and overall appearance.

    ReplyDelete