Simple Soap & Water with Oil Cleaning Spray

by - 11:03 AM

Hello everyone I hope you are all having a great day! I think winter has finally come to Colorado Springs and I have been snowed in a few days this past week. Since I was not able to really go anywhere I was able to take some time to let my creative juices flow and think of a blog post for you all. Today's post will be about how I make my soap, essential oil and water spray solution. This is so simple you should be able to re-create this very easily.

I got my soap and water spray inspiration from the place I used to work at. I worked at a Child Development Center as an Early Childhood Teacher and we would use soap and water in a spray bottle to first clean the surface and then use bleach and water solution in a spray bottle to sanitize the surface after it was cleaned with the soap and water. (We, of course, could not put any scented oil in the soap and water spray because of state regulations.)

One day I was cleaning at home and I had gotten my cleaning cloth wet with warm water and then pumped some soap on to it, dropped a little bit of lemon essential oil on the cloth and started to wipe my counters down. I then thought why am I not making the soap and water solution in a spray bottle like at work! Ever since then I have been using this spray to first clean off my counters and then go in with a disinfecting spray such as the Method Antibacterial.

I change up the essential oils I use in this quite often, but this go around I decided to try peppermint oil and Grapefruit oil together. Usually I only put in one essential oil, but I deiced to be bold this time and mix two. The oils that I use and are familiar with are doTERRA and Young Living. I know that Bed Bath & Beyond, Walgreens, and some natural grocery stores sell essential oils as well. I have never tried any of those so I am not sure about the quality of them. I do enjoy the doTERRA and Young Living oils. I think that Young Living's oils might be a little better quality but they are also more expensive than doTERRA.

To make this solution you will first need a spray bottle I got mine from Walmart, Dawn dish soap or any dish soap of your choice (I just really like Dawn the best) and any essential oil sent you like.  My go-to is Peppermint. I know some essential oils have antiseptic properties to them such as lemon and grapefruit but I really just like using them for the sent. I loved that my bathrooms and kitchen smelled like peppermint and grapefruit instead of an obnoxious chemical sent.



To make this solution:   



You will first fill up the bottle room temp water. 


Then you will add two table spoons of Dawn Dish soap


I then added about 10 to 15 drops of Peppermint Oil


and 10 to 15 drops of Grapefruit oil


After doing all these steps I gave the bottle a little shake to mix it all together. You can always add more soap or oils to your liking. I like to have enough soap in the bottle to give it a nice light blue color. 

You May Also Like

0 comments