Easy Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

by - 11:00 AM

crockpot, slow cooker, chicken, chili

I have made this meal three times now, so I felt pretty confident making it again.  I've based my own recipe from Rita's Recipes Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chile [sic].  I followed it pretty closely, but you will see where I made some changes.  

I was smart this time and put this meal together the night before (this bit of advice is really from my mother).  I started by adding 2 frozen chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker bowl.  Then I added the beans, corn, Rotel tomatoes and cream cheese.  I put the cover on and stuck the bowl in the fridge overnight.  


crockpot, slow cooker, chicken, chili

I measured out the spices and stuck them in a small plastic zip top bag for the morning.  Better safe than sorry with a dog that likes to eat bacon off my counters and tables!  As always, I add more spice than what is called for, so my recipe below has a measurement range for the spices, so you can add them to taste.  I've also used a Chipotle Spiced Ranch Dressing Mix that makes it taste wonderful too.  This recipe is so simple it's easy to experiment with the flavors.   

crockpot, slow cooker, chicken, chili

Before going to work I took the pot out of the fridge and placed it in the slow cooker and threw the spice in the pot and put it on low for eleven hours. I work an eight hour day so I figured eleven hours on low would give me two extra hours cook time so I could take the dogs out to the dog park for a good run, set the table plus have some down time.

crockpot, slow cooker, chicken, chili

At the end of the cook time, you should be able to shred the chicken breasts with two forks and mix it all together. However, next time I'll do a shorter cook time because it cooked so long that it got a little dry and my husband had to add some broth to it.

crockpot, slow cooker, chicken, chili

I was thinking I would add chicken broth or even a can of creamy soup to it next time to make it more like a soup. But when I make it thick my husband loves to put it in tortillas.

crockpot, slow cooker, chicken, chili

So for our meal, we topped the chili with sour cream and paired it with chips and guacamole! 

Yum
crockpot, slow cooker, chicken, chili

Easy Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

Recipe by This Bittersweet Life
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
Total time: 6-8 hours
Yield: 6-8 servings


Ingredients
  • 2 Chicken Breasts, frozen
  • 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 Can Corn, un-drained
  • 1 Can Rotel Tomatoes, un-drained
  • 1 Package Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 1 to 2 tsp Cumin
  • 1 to 1 & 1/2 tbsp Chili Powder
  • 1 to 2 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 8 oz. Package Light or Regular Cream Cheese
  • 1 quart Chicken Broth (optional)
  • 4 to 8 Tortillas
  • Tortilla or Corn Chips
  • Sour Cream
  • Guacamole
Cooking Directions
  1. Place frozen chicken breasts into the bottom of the slow cooker bowl.
  2. Top with drained and rinsed beans, corn plus liquid, tomatoes plus liquid and seasonings.
  3. Add the optional chicken broth if you would like to make this a soup, stir.
  4. Add the cream cheese and set to cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
  5. About 2 hours into the cook time stir to blend in cheese, or stir as soon as you can. Shred the chicken just before serving and mix together.
  6. Serve in tortillas or with chips. Top with sour cream and guacamole if desired.

You May Also Like

0 comments