Easy Snowflake Christmas Card with Alice Scraps Wonderland

by - 11:23 AM

The holidays can be busy but your Christmas cards don't have to be boring! 

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

I'm all about quick and easy cards when I have to send them out en masse. But I also love when I can make each one just a little bit different. That way I get to pick one to send to a friend or family member that I know they'll love. 

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

I can't resist a little holiday sparkle while I'm at it. So I pulled out my two 6x8 glitter pads from Scrapbook.com--you can never have too much glitter so I wanted the bigger size for these! I also pulled out two smooth cardstock pads with some icy hues, Cools and Jewels. 

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

I started out by cutting out the snowflake die from some aqua cardstock from the Cools pad and then cut a matching banner layer from a flat solar white card front. I paired up the aqua snowflake with some silver glitter paper from the Mixed Metals glitter pad. I cut the glitter cardstock to fit an A2 card. I then cut down a solar white flat card front by a quarter inch on each side so the silver could peek out on all 4 sides. 

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

I stamped a sentiment from the coordinating stamp set in embossing ink and used silver embossing powder to match the glitter paper. I then glued my glitter cardstock down to a card base with adhesive roller. I then glued the solar white flat card front down on top. I took a strip of glitter cardstock and placed it near the bottom. I placed the snowflake with the sentiment over the front of the card so the strip and banners lined up, using foam squares to op the snowflake up. To finish it off, I added some Pops of Color in silver glitter to the snowflake.

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

For the second card, I chose a bright blue-purple from the Rainbow glitter pad and a light purple from the Cools pad for the snowflake. Instead of using the banner portion of this snowflake, I cut it off with some small snips after tracing another snowflake cut so I got the arms of it right. 

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

I added another strip of glitter cardstock to the card front, but this time down the center. I added the snowflake using foam squares over the top. I then added the silver glitter Pops of Color for the finishing touch. 

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

For the final card, I chose a charcoal grey glitter from the Mixed Metals pad. This time I cut the strip a little thicker so that the banner layer from the snowflake die would fit over it. For the snowflake, I cut two from the deep teal in the Jewels pad. I then cut the snowflakes in half using my paper trimmer. 

Snowflake Christmas cards made with: Scrapbook.com snowflake die, raninbow and mixed metals glitter paper, A2 smooth cardstock cools and jewels; pops of color silver glitter

I stamped a sentiment from the snowflake set on another white banner that I cut from a solar white flat card front and embossed in silver again. I placed the glitter strip in the center and glued the banner over it. I then placed the two halves of the snowflakes on the top and bottom of the card using foam squares then added some silver glitter Pops of Color. 

And that's it! It didn't take me long to knock out these three cards and I got to watch a bit of a Christmas movie while making them. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Deep Teal. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.










You May Also Like

0 comments